- Beer: Scottish Heavy
- Brewery: Williams Bros Brewing Co
- From: Scotland
- Recommended by: Doreen
- Notes: The Scottish Heavy isn’t as heavy as one might think. It’s a Scottish ale that’s similar to a porter–malty and dark, but still entirely appropriate for the summer weather by managing not to be too thick or weighty. The taste of Scottish Heavy evokes similarities with a light roast coffee or toasted oats, and it’s a good pick for people who shy away from hoppy beers. This reminds me of an Imperial Russian stout but without the higher alcoholic level that those types of brews usually have. If you’re fond of porters and stouts, you might want to give this a try, as we won’t have it long at Stardust–and how often do you get to pop open a Scottish beer?
This post on the Scottish Heavy is the newest post in our collection of Beer Profiles. Stardust Video & Coffee has all sorts of good beer: pilsners, heifeweizens, pale ales, stouts, porters, brown ales, saison brews and more.
- Beer: Organic Ur Pils
- Brewery: Pinkus
- From: Münster, Germany
- Recommended by: Randall
- Notes: Pilsner beers have a misguided reputation among many beer fans. When many people think of pilsners, they thing of something rather unimpressive like Budweiser, which is way off-base, considering that Budweiser is really a rice beer and nothing like what a good pils should be, as Randall argues. Pinkus is one of Randall’s top three favourite beers, and he describes the taste as being incredibly clean, “as if they got the water to brew this beer from the top of Mt. Everest.” In addition to being a penultimate example of what a German pilsner should be, it’s certified organic. It’s a great beer to pair with a Master or Lawnwrangler salad from our kitchen, as well as a nice treat on its own on a warm day. Have one and taste what a pilsner beer should aspire to be.
So here’s the newest addition to our Beer Profiles. Stardust Video & Coffee is a home all sorts of good beer: pilsners, lagers, stouts, porters, brown ales, saison brews and more. Have a look at our beer cooler the next time you pop in.
- Beer: Milk Stout
- Brewery: Left Hand Brewing Company
- From: Longmont, Colorado
- Recommended by: Doreen (as was recommended to her by Ági and a few other Dusters)
- Notes: A full-bodied black-as-pitch stout with hints of cream and some roasted malt notes, making taste a bit like you’re drinking a nice cold coffee. It is possibly a fantastic alternate to drinking iced coffee during the hot spring and summer months in Orlando, especially when you don’t necessarily want to perk up, but would rather chill out. The beer is a sweet stout, and begs to have a scoop of vanilla ice cream added to the top of it to make a Milk Stout float. Fans of the Young’s Double Chocolate Stout and the St Peter’s Cream Stout should enjoy this one. If you aren’t a stout drinker yet, try the Milk Stout and expand your beer horizons.
In addition to the Cocktail Profiles, we’re now adding Beer Profiles for folks who appreciate a good brew. Stardust has a number of rotating microbrews in our beer cooler, as well as eight different drafts on tap. Come in and enjoy what we’ve got, and feel free to ask our staff what their favourite brews are.